This complimentary service comes after a major Facebook data hack as a way to provide consumers with a way to view and reclaim data that is circulating on the web. The leaked data attributes may include sensitive information such as name, gender, marital status, location, occupation, place of birth, and phone number.
The year is 2021. Everyone and anyone has a Facebook profile. Some use it to stay in touch with old friends, others use it to share pictures of their family, and some don’t use it at all. There is something that these users do have in common, however – their data may have been exposed in the Facebook hack.
So, what’s the full story?
Facebook was hacked in April 2021 and data of 500+ million users was exposed. To put that number into perspective, it’s larger than the population of the United States and Canada combined! Why does this matter? When you sign up for a platform such as Facebook, you do consent for them to utilize your data in CERTAIN instances (i.e., targeting ads towards you, optimizing your feed), however, this exposure of data is not a user-consented action. The platform failed to keep the sensitive information of its users safe and inevitably cost them their privacy.
What data has been exposed?
We would love to tell you that just your name has been exposed, but that isn’t the case. The hack exposed 10 key attributes:
- First name
- Last name
- Marital status
- Province or State
- Place of birth
- Phone number
To some, this may seem harmless. In fact, many would probably argue that they publicly share this information. More often than not, this information may be displayed on a user’s profile for friends only, meaning strangers cannot access it. The Facebook exposure means this information has been publicly brought to life about a plethora of users and could potentially end up in the wrong hands. To make matters worse, Facebook, to date, has not allowed you to access what data has been exposed, meaning they won’t tell you if just your name was leaked or if the whole roster of information was exposed.
How do I know if my data has been exposed? This is where we come in to help. We offer this complimentary service because our brand represents consumer privacy, and it is the right thing to do.
- Enter your phone number or email address
- Verify via SMS or email (we just want to make sure you’re human)! And you are not signing up for anything – this is a complimentary service because everyone has a right to know what data has been exposed about them.
- Once you’ve verified that you are in fact human, we will show you the information that has been exposed.
- We then also show you what other data brokers may have exposed.
- If you would like to edit or opt-out of your personal data being used, sign-up with Killi here to take back control.
How exactly does this help me?
We are on a quest to create a transparent ecosystem for consumer data. We believe all consumers shouldn’t be in the dark about their OWN information – that’s just crazy. Our product now not only allows consumers to access the data that may have been exposed in the recent Facebook hack, but we are letting them edit it, opt-out, and earn from it too! We call this new feature – Facebook Unveil.
Here’s a breakdown of how we can help you:
- Access – if a company has leaked your personal information, you deserve to know what information has been leaked. We will allow you to see what information was exposed in the Facebook hack, as well as hundreds of other data brokers across the web.
- Edit and Control – so you’ve seen the information the internet knows about you, so now what? When you sign up with Killi, you can edit the information you share to ensure the most important and sensitive information doesn’t get compromised. This allows you to have a better handle of your data and take back control one step at a time.
- Opt-out – let us know what info you don’t want to be stored about you.
- Earn – did you know companies make a pretty significant profit off of your data? Facebook sure does, but when is the last time they sent you a check in the mail? Never. We can help you get a rightful cut. With Killi, you can earn from your data without lifting a finger. Pretty cool if you ask me.
You deserve to have a right to YOUR data privacy without companies compromising it. We are going to help you take back control of your data. The Facebook hack is just one step towards the bigger picture, so what are you waiting for? Unveil your Facebook data now and take action!