In recent months, the world has been hit with a troubling virus better known to the public as COVID-19 or coronavirus. COVID-19 has had devastating effects on the health of many individuals, the financial state of individuals and businesses, and the economy as a whole. Healthcare workers continue to work around the clock to ensure the public is well taken care of and many businesses have made the difficult decision to shut their doors to protect their employees.
We want to help our neighbors around the globe as much as we can and in order to do so, we need your help.
How exactly can I help?
You are now able to donate any funds you make via Killi to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for WHO. These funds will be used to:
- Help strengthen health care systems around the world – especially the weaker systems that desperately need the help
- Ensure patients of COVID-19 receive the adequate care they need to recover
- Provide frontline healthcare workers with the tools and resources they need to better care for patients
- Accelerate efforts to develop more testing, treatment, and a vaccine
While there is a minimum amount you need to reach in order to redeem within Killi (currently $5) we have waived this for those of you who want to use your #dataforgood. If interested in donating you can reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know you would like to donate your funds. They will process the funds and donate them to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for WHO on your behalf.
I worked so hard to earn money on Killi, how can I possibly give it away?
If you’ve been earning money with Killi, chances are, you’ve had some ideas about what you plan to do with that money in the near future. It can be hard to part with those ideas, but a donation of your funds can really help move the needle when it comes to fighting COVID-19 and keeping our friends around the world safe.
Still don’t want to part with your hard-earned earnings? You don’t have to part with them ALL. You are able to donate partial amounts if you would like. Have $10 in your wallet but only want to donate $5? That is 100% okay and doable. We will not judge – any donation counts and we are thankful for every dollar donated towards this cause!
How much can I donate?
As much as you want! There are no limits to how much you can donate. The more we can all raise as a community, the more resources, tools, and learning we can provide.
How else can I help?
We understand that times are tough for many right now, with a plethora of businesses closing their doors. If you are unable to donate at the time, we understand – it’s important to take care of yourself. If you are unable to help financially, there are still many effective ways you can help with the fight against COVID-19.
- Practice social distancing. Stay home as much as possible.
- Avoid large crowds – there will be plenty of time to catch up with friends and family in the future!
- Avoid close or prolonged contact with those who are most at risk. This can include; elderly relatives at long-term care facilities, sick or auto-immunocompromised friends/family members, friends/family members who are currently pregnant, and new moms and their young babies.
- If you have an abundance of canned goods, dry foods, or toiletries, you can also donate those.
- Practice good hygiene and wash your hands!
In a time like this, we all need to come together as a community and help one another in any way we can. If you would like to donate your current and/or future Killi earnings, simply open the Killi app and follow the instructions mentioned above. If you would like to find out more about where your funds will be going, read more about it here. Together, we can help.